Applies to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Linux File Servers
After creating a policy for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Linux File Servers
, it might be necessary to configure its settings. To do it, expand the console node Managed computers > Policies
, and right-click a policy. Select the command Properties
There are several tabs.General
This tab allows viewing general information about the policy and number of hosts applying it.Events
This tab allows configuring notifications and Administration server storage settings for different events.Protection areas
This tab allows configuring Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Linux File Servers
Real-time protection settings. Click Add
to configure a new protection area, or select an existing one and click the button Edit
Here you can configure Real-Time protection settings. They are split into several tabs:
Allows configuring protection area settings:
- area name;
- file system type and path;
- object masks to be scanned by Real-Time protection (click Add). Using this setting makes the Real-Time protection scan only the objects defined here;
Allows configuring permissions required to run the Real-time protection task:
By default, only two users, root and kluser, are allowed to run the Real-time protection task. If you want some other users (groups) to be able to access it, check the box Scan only when accessed under the following accounts, click the corresponding button Add, enter user(group) name and click OK.
Allows configuring Real-time protection general settings:
- protection mode (smart check, when opened, when opened and modified),
- compound objects (archives, mail databases) scan,
- scan optimization (maximum allowed size and time to scan an object),
- heuristic analyzer (button Additional);
Actions applied to infected/suspicious objects:
Each action consists of two subsequent steps: the second one (Delete, e.g.) is used if the first one fails (Disinfect, e.g.).
You can also make actions apply depending on threat type. Check the box Actions by threat type and click the button Select actions:
Select a threat in the drop-down menu, check the box Specify actions, and select actions from the list. Click OK when the configuration is complete.
This tab allows configuring a list of objects excluded from scan by Real-time protection:
- Exclude objects by name or regular expression. Enabling this option and clicking Add allows to enter names of objects to be skipped by Real-time protection scan using Shell masks or extended regular POSIX expressions;
- Exclude objects by threat name. Enabling this option and clicking Add allows to enter a threat name.
This tab allows configuring update task settings:
- Update source (Kaspersky Administration Server, Kaspersky Lab's update servers, or another custom local or network source);
- Use Kaspersky Lab's update servers if custom update sources are not available;
- Connection settings (FTP and proxy settings)
This tab allows configuring the update mode:
- Update the databases only (copying is disabled);
- Copy updates for selected modules (will copy only the selected module updates. You can find the list of components in the components table).
- Copy all updates available for the application
This tab allows configuring exclusion areas for the Real-time protection task (will be used globally by all scan areas. Click Add (or select an existing one and click Edit):
You can then specify exclusion area settings:
- Exclusion area name;
- file system type and path;
- object masks to be skipped by Real-Time protection (click Add).
Click OK to complete configuration of the policy.